Has the buzz about Hand held Bidet Spray reached you yet?
When the world is moving towards healthier choices, you shouldn’t be left behind either. Let’s take a peek at the whats and whys of this Bidet sprayer and you can see for yourself if it is worth all its hype!
What is a bidet spray?
A Bidet Spray is essentially a hand held toilet shower used to clean up after relieving oneself.
A spray head is attached to the end of a long flexible hose that is connected to the water inlet. The water stream is easily controlled from a gentle to high pressure jet spray by pressing the trigger. Releasing the lever shuts off the water immediately.
Also known as health faucet, shattaf or a bum gun for the uninitiated, bidet showers are very common in India, most other Asian countries and Islamic nations.
Why should you consider installing one?
There are many reasons for opting to turn to a hand held bidet spray. We have listed two important ones below.
- Reduced chances of bacterial infection: Wiping with a toilet paper may still leave behind some fecal matter. Washing with water just like you wash hands after using the toilet, cleans up better and hence is safer and hygienic.
- Eco-friendlier: As you may have already realized, it does away with the need for spending a lot on toilet rolls. This is completely hand controlled and hence replaces the electric toilet for water spraying that’s in use.
It’s a perfect DIY project!
If setting up and fixing stuff is your thing, then setting up this Hand held Bidet Sprayer kit in the toilet can be your next project or even your first because it is that simple!
The kit includes a T valve adapter, flexible hose, sprayer holder and tank side hook along with the spray head.
Follow these simple steps to install.
The bidet shower:
- Turn off the water supply
- Connect the T valve to the water feed pipe and toilet tank.
- Connect the flexible shower hose to the remaining outlet on the T adapter valve.
- Attach the sprayer to the other end of the hose.
- Turn the water supply back.
The spray head holder:
- Locate a convenient spot in your toilet for the spray holder – can be on the wall or the toilet tank.
- Fix the holder with the help of mounting screws after drilling holes at the position chosen.
- If using the toilet tank for placement, you’ll need the tank side hook to be placed first.
That’s it. You are good to go!
Still looking for a small nudge to go ahead? Here it is.
Buying and installing the hand-held bidet shower is a one-time expense and the increased water usage will still not be offset by the savings you make. So this will definitely be lighter on your pocket, especially given the long life of the product.
Get your Hand held Shattaf Bidet Sprayer kit now!